Looking for a fun fall treat? This pumpkin roll recipe is perfect if you’ve got a holiday party or family gathering you’ve gotta get to stat and you need a sweet, unique dessert! My family has always enjoyed this sweet treat and I know you will too.
Pumpkin Roll Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Get out a mixing bowl and mixer or if you’re like me, the ol’ KitchenAide and beat your 3 eggs on high for 5 minutes. After you’ve beaten the eggs for 5 minutes, gradually beat in the sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice. Then add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. When this is complete, line your cookie sheet with foil and grease and flour the tin foil using butter, coconut oil, or a cooking spray.
Pumpkin in the Oven
Pour the sweet mixture into the cooking pan lined with tin foil. For extra flare, top with some walnuts and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven when it’s ready. You will know it’s done when the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Rolling the Pumpkin Cake
Lay a kitchen towel down on the counter. (For this, I use a white flour type.) Make sure it is folded to double thickness and is slightly larger than the size of the cake pan.
Sprinkle the towel with one cup of powdered sugar. While the cake is still quite warm, turn it upside down on the sugared towel. Then carefully roll up the cake along with the towel from one end to the other. Let it sit here to cool and then unroll it when you’re ready to spread the filling.
Pumpkin Roll Cream Cheese Filling
Mix the powdered sugar, cream cheese, margarine, and vanilla together in a bowl. When mixed fairly well, take a spatula and spread the filling all over the pumpkin cake you’ve just unrolled. After this, roll the pumpkin cake back up with the filling inside (without using the towel this time). Wrap it in foil and let it chill. For best results, let it chill overnight. When ready, slice it and serve.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 2-3 oz cream cheese
- 4 tsp margarine
- ½ tsp vanilla
- PREHEAT oven to 350. BEAT the eggs on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar,pumpkin and lemon juice. Mix in remaining ingredients. Line cookie sheet with foil.
- GREASE and flour tin foil or use cooking spray. POUR mixture into pan. Top with walnuts and BAKE at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- REMOVE from oven when toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. LAY a kitchen towel (I use a white flour type) on counter (fold to double thickness) slightly larger than size of cake pan.
- SPRINKLE towel with one cup of powdered sugar. While cake is quite warm, turn cake upside down on the sugared towel. ROLL up cake along with the towel from end of cake. COOL. UNROLL and spread with filling.
- FOR FILLING:MIX all ingredients well and SPREAD over cake. ROLL cake (without towel). WRAP in foil and chill. Best when chilled overnight, slice and serve.
Here are some other pumpkin recipes you might enjoy!
Follow me on social media for more blended family & recipe updates!