Do you ever wake up in the morning and feel like you don’t have enough time to make a healthy breakfast for yourself before you make some breakfast for your step-kids or hurry off to work? Well, here’s my healthy veggie and goat cheese breakfast that I love to make in the mornings, and it only takes 15 minutes!
A Healthy Breakfast Stir-fry You’re Bound to Love!
You can obviously throw in any vegetables you have in your kitchen that you think would go great with goat cheese, but typically, I throw in some broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, mushrooms, and tomatoes in mine. I recommend using some spices that will add some flavor to the vegetables and possibly sea salt but if you don’t have those, salt and pepper will do just fine to season them with!
Begin the process by using a colander to rinse your veggies under cold water. Then, begin to chop up your veggies! Cut up some cauliflower and broccoli florets to no more than 1.5 inches. If they are too big, they take longer to cook! Follow this by taking the asparagus stocks and cutting them off a couple inches from the bottom and discarding the scraps (hopefully in a compost!) Once this is done cut the asparagus stalks into thirds. Rinse and slice whole Crimini or Blanc mushrooms to approximately 1/4 inch thick. If you want, you can substitute your favorite mushrooms here. Finally, dice the tomatoes to approximately 1/2 inches wide.
Start by putting your frying pan on the stove and let it heat up on medium-high heat. As it’s warming up, pour in some olive or avocado oil, or an oil you have lying around that you prefer. Add in the vegetables (not the tomatoes yet) and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. For extra flavor, I like to use Mrs. Dash Salt-free Garlic & Herb.
Allow the vegetables to fry for about a minute as you stir them and turn them, and continue until they are slightly browned in the pan.
When your veggies are ready and stir-fried, put them in a bowl and add the diced tomatoes! Finish it off by sprinkling the crumbled goat cheese on top and you’ve got yourself a healthy veggie and goat cheese breakfast!
Healthy Veggie & Goat Cheese Recipe
- Crimini or Blanc Mushrooms
- Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Real Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Mrs. Dash Salt-Free Garlic & Herb
- Rinse your veggies in a colander under cold water.
- Cut up some cauliflower and broccoli florets to no more than 1.5 inches. If they are too large, it will take too long to cook.
- Take asparagus stocks and cut off a couple inches from the bottom and discard. Then cut the stalks into thirds.
- Rinse and slice whole Crimini or Blanc mushrooms to approximately ¼ inch thick. You can substitute your favorite mushrooms.
- Dice tomatoes to approximately ½ inch wide.
- Put your frying pan on the stove and let it heat on medium high heat.
- Spray the pan with olive oil or avocado oil.
- Add the veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper. For extra flavor, I like to use Mrs. Dash Salt Free Garlic and Herb.
- Allow the veggies to fry for about a minute in between stirring and turning them.
- Fry until the veggies are slightly browned.
- When they are ready, put them in a bowl and add the diced tomatoes. Sprinkle the top with crumbled goat cheese and enjoy!
Have a great morning!
Follow me on social media for more blended family and recipe updates!